- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 6 large carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups Prego® Roasted Garlic & Herb Italian Sauce
- 1 3/4 cups Swanson® Beef Broth (Regular, 50% Less Sodium or Certified Organic)
- 16 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (11.25 ounce) package Pepperidge Farm® Texas Toast Garlic
- Season the beef with the black pepper. Coat the beef with the flour.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in an 8-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until it's well browned, stirring often. Pour off any fat. Remove the beef from the saucepot.
- Heat the remaining oil in the saucepot over medium heat. Add the onions and carrots and cook until the vegetables are tender. Return the beef to the saucepot. Stir in the potatoes, sauce and broth and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 45 minutes or until the beef is fork-tender.
- Cook and drain the egg noodles according to the package directions. Add the butter to the hot noodles and toss to coat.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F for the bread. Bake the bread according to the package directions.
- Place the noodles into a serving platter. Spoon the beef mixture over the noodles. Serve with the bread.